BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 10, 2011

Naming Baby Is Tough To Do.

So we have known that Bitty is a boy for almost 6 weeks now....And we have started to talk about names.  We have a short list, but nothing has been chosen.

Maybe its just me (maybe it isnt because I have not really opened up to anyone about it) but I feel like he needs to have a PERFECT name....not just the normal kind of perfect when you birth a child, where you want it to fit them, and you just wait for it to jump out at you kind of perfect...I feel like there is a lot more behind this little guy than either of our first 2.  When we had Ayden and Levi we didnt know the loss of a child...for us it was just you get pregnant you have a baby, thats just how it works...and I dont think we ever thought of the MANY families that cant seem to hold onto their little beans....In short, we were naive.  But now that we have lost not 1 but 2 of our babies, I feel so much more in love, so much more blessed that this little guy is still here with us.  I cant help but have this overwhelming feeling that he needs the MOST perfect name, and in a totally different way...I am not really waiting for something to jump out at me as to the name I love.  I am ok with having to 'fall' in love with a name...for me I feel that there needs to be some meaning behind the name to make us choose it, not simply because we like it.  I would love for him to have a name that means strength, hope and moving on....its not easy to come by, you have to almost 'feel' the name, not just read it or hear it...I dont know if that makes much sense....

 Babies that come after a family has experienced loss are often referred to as 'Rainbow Babies'  like the calm after the storm, coming out of the dark and into the light of life and happiness again.  I want this little guy to have a name symbolic of that rainbow, something powerful, bright and strong.  I just hope we can find it....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christin was my "Rainbow Baby" and God blessed me with such a wonderful person to raise and love. Symbolic of the rainbow is of course, Noah...The rainbow was God's promise of better life and things. You are an awesome young woman and I admire you.
Rose Mary