BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flats And Handwashing Challenge Day 2

The morning of day 2 started off with a VERY happy mommy!  There was a dry bed to be found :)  in fact levi could have pee'd quite a bit more and the triple layer origami fold flat would have been fine.  I was super thrilled to find out that there was a less expensive solution to night time cloth.  We have been using Bamboozle Fitted Diapers at night with a ton of success  but at $20.00 a pop it can get really costly.  We currently have 2 and I had to make sure I had at least one clean every night because he pees out of everything else we own at night.  I am super excited to know that we now have an alternative when I get lazy and skip diaper laundry for a couple days. 



We decided to try a couple new folds today, here is the diaper bag fold....(tutorial here)



It just doesnt work for me.  I ran into the same issue as I do with pre-folds.  Not quite enough material to reach around his belly, and it looks pinch-y to me. 


Woolie with Diaper Bag Fold 


We also tried the kite fold again today, but still have trouble getting it to fit right.


************


So the wash for the day consisted of 7 flats and 2 receiving blankets.  I washed in 2 separate loads because there were 2 poopy diapers among them and I wanted to make sure everything was spic-n-span :)



I have had a couple people ask how I managed to get 3 flats onto Levi at one time so I took some pictures as I folded his night time diaper today.  Here is how I got it to work for us....

 Lay 3 flats out stacked on top of each other....

Fold in half 


Then again... 


At the corner where all of the edges meet grab the top 3 layers and pull towards the opposite side.



once you pull it straight across it should look like a triangle on top... 


Now flip the entire thing over and start to fold in the edge that is still square... 


Keep folding until it is centered on the triangle... 

As you can see it is a pretty thick diaper, but almost all of the absorbency is located right where it is needed 

Here he is all diapered for the night in a Thirsties Duo Wrap Size 2 (our wool needed to air out tonight) 


I am ready for the coconut rub down mom....



*****
WARNING:  Today's Random Cuteness to follow!!!


Ayden needed to have a picture too (this was when I was taking pictures of Levis Diaper Bag folded flat)


Levi loves his brother!!!



CHEEEEEZZZZEEEE!!!!


I hope everyone else had an awesome second day! <3






 

1 comments:

Jess and the boys said...

I'm a new follower, keeping up with the Flats Challenge! Please follow back if you have a chance! :)

-Jessica
And Then There Were 4...
http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/